Apple cider vinegar is a drink found to have multiple health benefits in scientific studies and has been used for centuries to fight coughs and colds.
It also aids in weight loss – something many Britons would like to achieve.
How its made –
Crush apples, add yeast, ferment into a wine and then further into a vinegar.
This secret weapon has some serious benefits. Let me talk you through some.
- Alkaline your body – neutralises acid. Have problems with acid reflux/heartburn? Here you go..
- Lowers blood glucose levels – indirectly burning fat! Support your weight loss goals!
- Indigestion reducer – eat a lot of food? Hiccups?
- Acts as anti-bacterial – skin/spot problems? Sore throat? Bad breath?
- Reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol
There are many types out there. The most beneficial one has what they call the ‘mother’ in. This is believed to be rich in health-boosting natural protein, healthy bacteria and acetic acid. It can usually be seen at the bottom, almost like not-from-concentrate juices with bits in. All you have to do is just shake it up.
One important rule of using apple cider vinegar is NOT to use it straight. I have seen many people out there take a shot of it. Its is vinegar, it is strong, so taking it straight will one burn terribly as you swallow but also take the enamel of your teeth.
I recommend taking 1-2 tbsp every day. Either in a fruit/veg smoothie or dilute in 300-500ml of water.
Enjoy the benefits.